ORIG3N is seeking an experienced, thoughtful and driven product manager to enhance and expand our line of consumer DNA tests.
Our mission is to develop regenerative treatments that will help people everywhere, and to engage people in pursuit of this goal with education and direct, affordable access to information about their genes and their health.
ORIG3N helps people understand the links between their genes and how their minds and bodies work. From fitness to nutrition to personality, our DNA tests provide easy, affordable access to genetic information and guidance on how to use it. We help people take charge of their health with the knowledge they need to make the best choices.
Founded in 2014, ORIG3N exists at the intersection of biological science and emerging technology. Through our DNA tests and community events, we help people understand the links between their genes and how their minds and bodies work. Our research team uses cutting-edge cellular science to develop personalized therapies for repairing tissue damage and disease. Together with our community, we’re on a mission to accelerate the future of regenerative medicine.
- Read and interpret scientific literature
- Write descriptions for genetic variants for ORIG3N’s line of consumer reports
- Define new products, researching and enhancing existing ones to create compelling experiences for our users to learn, discover and share their genetic information to improve their lives.
- Work closely with the Science, Marketing, Software, Sales and Operations teams to create the roadmap and plans to bring your ideas to life.
- Masters degree in genetics, Bachelors with significant experience reading and interpreting scientific literature and/or genetics counseling experience
- 2-3 years in product management (a plus)
- 2-3 years experience engaging with customers and partners to define and refine products and launch them to the market
- Strong communication and organizational
- Creative thinker
- Experience working across departments and with groups of people
- Technical savvy. Knowledge and understanding of computer and scientific technology.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Team player with positive can-do attitude and professional demeanor
- Possess the drive to succeed and to participate in the growth of an exciting, fast-paced company
We offer a healthcare plan, 401k, paid holidays, and generous vacation package. We embrace diversity in our organization and we celebrate our successes as a team.
Our office is conveniently located in the Seaport District of Boston, an energetic and creative part of the city.
If you’re ready to join a company that’s making a difference in people’s health and you want to be a part of a growing organization, then this position might be the right fit for you.
ORIG3N is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Find us online at www.orig3n.com
Senior Research Associate, Biological Vector Development
at Intellia Therapeutics, Inc
Intellia is developing therapeutic products to help people with genetic diseases. We apply CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing and gene therapy technologies to edit and restore genes to their normal, healthy sequence. We are a dedicated team driven to change patients’ lives. As we build our team, we’re excited to work with people who share our commitment and energy to making a difference.
Intellia is seeking a motivated Research Associate to join our team. The primary responsibilities for this position will be to help in the production and characterization of viral vectors, including AAV. Experience with cell culture and qPCR are essential, experience with AAV is a plus.
- Support viral vector production group
- produce and maintain cell culture seed stocks and final products used by the Institute Investigators.
- complete and monitor sterility testing of cell culture development.
- assist in the preparation, sterilization, and storage of various cell culture media, of various cell culture media, balance salt solutions, antibiotics and other reagents.
- Handle large number of cell culture plates.
- Coordinate with various internal groups to identify and supply viral vector requirements
- Conduct experiments, independently and in collaboration with colleagues in support of project goals.
- Communicate research and development findings with internal and external partners.
- Operate and maintain multiple laboratory instruments.
- Assist in maintaining general laboratory functionality, including lab equipment maintenance and the ordering and receiving of lab supplies.
- Extensive experience with cell culture and transfection
- qPCR (ddPCR experience a plus)
- general molecular biology (cloning, SDS-PAGE, ELISA, etc)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry or Pharmaceutical Sciences with at least 3 years of industry experience, or M.S. in Biochemistry, Chemistry or Pharmaceutical Sciences with at 0 years of industry experience.
- Experience with production of various viral vectors is a plus
Attention to detail
Exceptional time management
Handle large number of cell culture plates.
Effective communication skills (both written and oral)
Ability to work independently and collaboratively
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.