Senior Research Associate, Biological Vector Development
at Intellia Therapeutics, Inc
Intellia is developing therapeutic products to help people with genetic diseases. We apply CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing and gene therapy technologies to edit and restore genes to their normal, healthy sequence. We are a dedicated team driven to change patients’ lives. As we build our team, we’re excited to work with people who share our commitment and energy to making a difference.
Intellia is seeking a motivated Research Associate to join our team. The primary responsibilities for this position will be to help in the production and characterization of viral vectors, including AAV. Experience with cell culture and qPCR are essential, experience with AAV is a plus.
- Support viral vector production group
- produce and maintain cell culture seed stocks and final products used by the Institute Investigators.
- complete and monitor sterility testing of cell culture development.
- assist in the preparation, sterilization, and storage of various cell culture media, of various cell culture media, balance salt solutions, antibiotics and other reagents.
- Handle large number of cell culture plates.
- Coordinate with various internal groups to identify and supply viral vector requirements
- Conduct experiments, independently and in collaboration with colleagues in support of project goals.
- Communicate research and development findings with internal and external partners.
- Operate and maintain multiple laboratory instruments.
- Assist in maintaining general laboratory functionality, including lab equipment maintenance and the ordering and receiving of lab supplies.
- Extensive experience with cell culture and transfection
- qPCR (ddPCR experience a plus)
- general molecular biology (cloning, SDS-PAGE, ELISA, etc)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry or Pharmaceutical Sciences with at least 3 years of industry experience, or M.S. in Biochemistry, Chemistry or Pharmaceutical Sciences with at 0 years of industry experience.
- Experience with production of various viral vectors is a plus
Attention to detail
Exceptional time management
Handle large number of cell culture plates.
Effective communication skills (both written and oral)
Ability to work independently and collaboratively
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.